Athlete. Archer. Toxophilite.
As an archer, or someone who knows an archer, the programs offered by BC Archery are tailored specifically for you. Whether you are a junior, coach, judge, or just enjoy shooting arrows at club night, our programs are designed to help you progress, stay safe, and have fun. We offer programs for all levels of archers, including those interested in target or 3D shooting, and high-performance athletes.
To learn more about the programs available to you, visit our individual program pages.
Funding for our Performance level BC Archery athletes comes from various sources and the amount payable to our athletes varies each funding year. Athletes must meet benchmark scores and attend mandatory events to qualify.
BC Performance Program
Do you consider yourself a performance athlete? Do you shoot in the Recurve or Compound divisions? Consider joining the BC Performance Program and be eligible to represent BC at the Target Nationals.
Application Deadline: June 1st
BC 3D Team
Would you like to represent your Province at the Canadian 3D Championships?
Application Deadline: June 10
Girls and Women in Archery
With support from a Jumpstart grant, we will be creating a program specific to attracting and retaining female participants. This program will provide a space for girls and women to learn, grow and participate in a safe, inclusive environment. Watch here for the future program announcement.
Need a coach?
If you are an archer at the intermediate level who is looking for a coach to help you progress to a high-performance level, please contact the Coaching Chair. Include
- your name, contact info and BCArchery#
- what city you live in (very helpful in order for us to find a coach in your area)
- a brief description of what you are looking to achieve by getting teamed up with a coach
If you are in the beginning stages of archery and would like to find a coach to improve basic skills and keep you on track, the first place look is your local club. Please check out the Club Directory for a location near you.
Canadian Sport Institute/PacificSport Targeted Athlete Program
This program is aimed at athletes and coaches who are progressing through the Podium Pathway, and provides benefits and support from partnerships with CSI and PacificSport.
Please read the Criteria document and, if eligible, complete the additional forms and submit to the Targeted Athlete Program Coordinator.
Additional Resources and Links
- Outdoor Tournament Age-Distance chart (incl. JOP)
- Indoor Tournament target-size chart (incl JOP)
- Types of Archery Competitions and Tournament Protocol
- Information on Upcoming BC Winter Games, Canada Winter Games and 55+ Games
- LTAD and the High Performance Pathway
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport for Information on doping issues
- Athletes Canada for information and resources available to National team athletes
- High Performance Clinic Hosting Information
- TOP program information
- High School credits for being on TeamBC (BCWG, CWG, NAIG)
- Fitness Program for Developing Archery Athletes - BCAA/PacificSport
- Sample of Yearly Training Plan