Athlete. Archer. Toxophilite.
You are, have been, or will be, or you know someone who is, has been or will be, an archer. The programs offered by BC Archery are for you--the archers. Whether you are a Junior, Coach, or Judge, into Target or 3D, are a High-Performance athlete or just want to shoot a few arrows at club night, the programs offered by the BC Archery Association are designed to help you progress, stay safe and have fun.
Visit the individual program pages to find more information about what is available to you.
Funding for our Performance level BC Archery athletes comes from various sources and the amount payable to our athletes varies each funding year. Athletes must meet benchmark scores and attend mandatory events to qualify.
BC Performance Program
Do you consider yourself a performance athlete? Do you shoot in the Recurve or Compound divisions? Consider joining the BC Performance Program and be eligible to represent BC at the Target Nationals.
As the 2020 Archery Canada Nationals are cancelled due to COVID-19, there will be no Performance Program applications accepted in the 2020 season.
BC 3D Team
Would you like to represent your Province at the Canadian 3D Championships?
As the 2020 Archery Canada Nationals are cancelled due to COVID-19, there will be no 3D Team selection for the 2020 season.
Need a coach?
If you are an archer at the intermediate level who is looking for a coach to help you progress to a high-performance level, please contact the Coaching Chair. Include
- your name, contact info and BCAA#
- what city you live in (very helpful in order for us to find a coach in your area)
- a brief description of what you are looking to achieve by getting teamed up with a coach
If you are in the beginning stages of archery and would like to find a coach to improve basic skills and keep you on track, the first place look is your local club. Please check out the Club Directory for a location near you.
Canadian Sport Institute/PacificSport Targeted Athlete Program
This program is aimed at athletes and coaches who are progressing through the Podium Pathway, and provides benefits and support from partnerships with CSI and PacificSport.
Please read the Criteria document and, if eligible, complete the additional forms and submit to the Targeted Athlete Program Coordinator.
Additional Resources and Links
- Outdoor Tournament Age-Distance chart (incl. JOP)
- Indoor Tournament target-size chart (incl JOP)
- Types of Archery Competitions and Tournament Protocol
- Information on Upcoming BC Winter Games, Canada Winter Games and 55+ Games
- LTAD and the High Performance Pathway
- Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport for Information on doping issues
- Athletes Canada for information and resources available to National team athletes
- High Performance Clinic Hosting Information
- TOP program information
- High School credits for being on TeamBC (BCWG, CWG, NAIG)
- Fitness Program for Developing Archery Athletes - BCAA/PacificSport
- Sample of Yearly Training Plan